Bright Lights

Fall semester abroad 06 John Cabot U

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sailing, Sailing...

my adventure has been amazing so far.
last week I went sailing on the Mediterranean sea. It was beautiful, we sailed for 3 days or so, traveling around the islands off the coast of italy.

We had a decent sized boat which we slept in also. There were about 7 people on my boat, and 4 boats in total. Our captain’s name was Leo, he was a good sport since he had all girls on his boat and had to deal with Disney sing alongs and girls laying out tanning on his boat. We got off the boat one night and went ashore, went to a bar and got some gelato. Most boats brought tons of alcohol, our boat was not as prepared. Going to the bars was really fun, except that the boat captains made us leave a little early cuz of “rough storms” on the water. And let me just tell you: being drunk and rough seas do NOT mix.

Basically I was living the life on the boat: swimming, reading, eating, drinking. It was so relaxing.

School is going good as well, I’m painting a lot, and I love all of my classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home