I haven’t updated in awhile! So today is the last day of October, I thought I would recap what I've done. I have been to Perugia, Florence, Barcelona and Venice this month. Its been a whirlwind of adventures. Perugia was the Chocolate Festival of Europe, which was huge (of course) and full of chocolate. I ate so much chocolate...I don’t think I had solid food that day. They had these people carving huge sculptures out of blocks of chocolate, and then people in the crowd got to eat the chocolate they were chopping off. the crowd was insane fighting over the chocolate!
Florence was beautiful, as everyone says, but I definitely don't think it beats Rome. I went to the Uffizi and the Academia, which was amazing of course, and saw a lot of beautiful art. seeing the Michangelo sculptures was definitely the epitome.
Barcelona was a crazy trip. I saw a lot of great Gaudi architecture, this guy who designed these buildings in a very Tim Burton-esque way, it was so cool. He designed parks, houses and churches all resembling things of nature, like tornado columns...etc. Partying was good there and the shopping was amazing. We went out all the nights to bars, ended up a lot at the Travel Bar (of course, since it is the American Bar) even though Luci and I wanted to go to more local scene things. Almost missed our flight back because we got there about 25 mins before departure, and they would not let us check in. I begged them and Luci and i were about to cry (she had an exam and my mom was coming that day) and the let us on, thankfully.
We ate at a tourist trap place and spent way too much on dinner the first night, but that’s what happens when you don’t know the area. We met up with Luci's friend from BC Natalie and Natalie's friends from Cork. They were a lot of fun. Luci and I also went to the Picasso museum, that was so great too.
Venice had a great museum that I basically was orgasming over the artwork in it. It was the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, very small but filled with Braque, Duchamp, Kupka, DeKooning, Pollock, picasso, max ernst, rothko, giacometti, dalli, mondrian, kadinksy...etc. i got postcards and a poster from it i loved it so much. it made me realize again how much i love modern art and how it impacts how and who I am as a person. I went to Venice with my mom who visited for a week, and it was lovely. My mom is so great, she brought a small suitcase for herself, and a large suitcase for my stuff! She brought tons of dvds, food, shoes..etc anything I wanted she brought. I hope she had a lot of fun here, she hung out with Jen's mom who was visiting also during the day while I had class.
Its been a crazy month of October, and November I know will be even crazier. My plans are Amsterdam this weekend, then Prague, then staying in Rome (and Scott is visiting! yay!) then paris for thanksgiving, and Kathleen visits, then finals. I can't believe so much time has passed, its been so quick<>
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home